Thursday 3 July 2014

Production Log #1 - Intro to the coursework and Ideas


Throughout the past two weeks I have been introduced to the language investigation coursework. I've got informed how this language investigation coursework will work and what the procedure will be when investigating. The good thing about this coursework is that we get to pick our own topic and any media texts to analyse. This coursework is gonna require me analyse text in detail and apply knowledge from AS into my A2 coursework. I also informed on how we can pick a topic which can be related to phone text that we've done a S4 example, landing technology I could look in further depth of how advertising has varied in language furthermore language and power language and gender is also consideration four example the language and power I could possibly analyse how political pains have improved their language to make some more powerful and for language and gender I could see how different genders  talk differently, in which I can relate to few theorists who I've learnt about in AS.
Furthermore there is a good chance of investigating language into something I'm interested in be there at beneficial for me as I'll know more in terms of the field specific lexis.
In lessons we have been sitting and thinking of ideas on what we could investigate, I've had many ideas which vary from each other.
My first Idea  is to investigate and observe how parents talk their kids who are both siblings and different genders or two kids both at different age. This way I can see how language is used by the parents, and how it could affect gender or age.  I could analyse in depth on the different frameworks which is used when the parents are talking to their kids, the Lexis and pragmatics would differ from the two different genders which is good, it would be very comparable in the language they have used to communicate with them. I think intonation will be another fantastic framework for me to understanding the relationship between the two  participants in the conversation.
Another idea for me to investigate language was how fashion advertisements (posters) have changed in terms of language and visually. From the 1950s to now is the perfect time period for me to analyse all the different fashion advertisements as language has changed throughout each decade and is still changing, developing and expanding. Visually I can analyse and how Digital technology has become a massive factor in advertising. In the 1950s it was all about hand drawn effects, posterise affects, images taken on vintage cameras which were only just introduced, whereas nowadays it's all about HD images and more visual appeal rather than a descriptive appeal.
I will be deciding in which idea I should choose,once I've got a clear understanding of what I want to do, i will start writing an introduction in a draft version.
Overall I believe that investigating in a certain topic you are interested in will make the investigation itself more fun and fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment